Jr. Software Developer (Documentum) ( R-00082846-OTHLOC-PL-2D1570 )
Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry? Leidos is seeking a Jr. Software Developer who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor-Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
Leidos has an opening for a Jr. Software Developer to join our Documentum team who is highly motivated, responsible and a detailed oriented team. The successful candidate will work as part of our team supporting a long-term program for an Investor-Owned Utility client. This position will work directly with client customers to provide world-class application baseload and non-baseload support for multiple utility company applications. The successful candidate will design, develop, deploy and support technical solutions in a collaborative team environment. The successful candidate will support and enhance existing applications as well as develop new applications to meet organizational goals and objectives. This position requires a self-motivated individual capable of performing in a fast-paced development environment, as well as interacting effectively with key customers and users.
Location: Looking for someone in the New Orleans, LA, Woodlands, TX or Little Rock, AR area. This role is currently remote, however once COVID restrictions loosen candidate may be expected to report to the office/client site.
Note: On call rotation and evening/weekend work may be required.
- Must have an understanding of analyzing, developing, and deploying solutions
- Gather software application requirements through interactions with business users
- Collaborate with business analyst team members to identify gaps and dependencies in requirements across applications and departments.
- Plan and facilitate requirements sessions to identify and validate requirements with IT and business stakeholders.
- Manage and communicate requirements throughout the software development lifecycle, including requirements prioritization, requirements changes, and conflict resolution.
- Support the QA organization during User Acceptance Testing to ensure solutions meet the business requirements and help determine the most appropriate actions to address problems identified through project testing or other assessment efforts.
- Work directly with client customers to provide world-class application baseload and non-baseload support for multiple utility company applications.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar degree
- Knowledge of the following: Java, Oracle, and web experience
- Experience with ServiceNOW (SNOW) is a plus
- Strong communication (written and oral), documentation skills and interpersonal skills
- The passion and drive to expand coding skills
- Ability to work in a fast, paced environment and perform duties without immediate supervision.
- Possess the ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with others
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks to ensure project deadlines are met
- Proficiency with all or some of the following: MS Office Suite including Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio
- In order to access customer information, must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident