PHP Software Developer ( 600631-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
This position is responsible for providing automated solutions to support the RAN Field/Territory Organization. You will be responsible for:
- Support Territory Operational Support team by designing and programing best-in-class applications and tools.
- Communicate critical project developments and activities with the Territory Network Organization.
- Conduct meetings with various Network disciplines to identify needs for new tools or automated reports.
- Serve as a point of contact between Sub-Markets, Territory and Network Support Group.
- Scope, plan and manage project activities utilizing agile project management practices for on-time delivery -- from project initiation to deployment.
- Design, build, test and deploy solutions within the Territory Operational Support team and advocating those solutions for nationwide implementation.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Software Development/Project Management.
- Programming experience in PHP.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience in Software Development cycle.
- Experience with UNIX/Solaris/Red Hat Linux system.
- Experience with Databases (MS Access, MySQL, DB2, Oracle).
- Experience with Tableau or similar visual analysis tool, optimization, analytics and large data sets, developing visually compelling interactive dashboards.
- Certified Scrum Developer Certification.
- Knowledge in application security, especially building web-based applications and documenting security measures.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the contents of wireless network elements.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).