C# Application Developer ( 598776-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will be joining our Enterprise Cyber Services group that provides security services for the Verizon enterprise. Within the Enterprise Cyber Services group, you will be on our Data Management & Protection development team to create and support information security risk reporting applications. The new C# Developer position will augment our high performing team of experienced application developers.
Your responsibilities will be the design, development, support, and maintenance of IT security infrastructure applications using C# and MS SQL. This role is an individual contributor role.
- Collaborating with management, team leads, and functional owners to identify end-user requirements and specifications.
- Designing algorithms and flowcharts to create new software programs and systems.
- Producing efficient and elegant code based on requirements.
- Testing and deploying programs and applications.
- Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining and improving existing software.
- Compiling and assessing user feedback to improve software performance.
Where you'll be working...
This is a work-from-home role performed almost exclusively from your home office with occasional in-person meetings and training.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Extensive C# development experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Knowledge and experience with Visual Studio, MS SQL.
- Ability to write complex SQL queries.
- Amazon Web Services experience.
- Experience in system to system interfaces and efficient data processing.
- Experience managing enterprise and large-scale logging and data collection technologies.
- Knowledge of using Jira and Confluence collaboration tools.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).