Mobile Application Developer
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will be part of a Full Stack and Mobile delivery team which is responsible for delivery of critical applications like wireless store operations and auction platforms. If you are passionate about innovative solutions and be part of a team that works on all the latest and greatest technologies to focus on best of class user experience, this is something that you are looking for.
- Design and code highly scalable and highly available applications with world class user experience for Verizon.
- Design and build iOS Swift , AndroidKotlin mobile applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to analyze, design, and ship new features.
- Fully responsible for native mobile app development in the team.
- Build and publish applications in app stores.
- Implement new technologies to maximize application performance.
- Participate in design discussions for end-to-end experiences and enhancements across all customer touch points and channels.
- Projects will include new product/feature launches, enhancements, experience redesign and tech stack migration using agile methodology.
- Participate in day to day activities involving design, development, test support, deployment.
- Work in a positive, collaborative working environment that instills respect, trust, quality and success as its core goals.
Where you'll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Strong experience in IOS Swift and iOS SDK.
- Strong knowledge on Android Kotlin
- Hands-on experience in the full life cycle of Android application development
- Good Knowledge of Android SDK's
- Knowledge in core Java
- Experience with memory management and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices.
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text.
- Knowledge in RESTful web services.
- Experience with Push Notifications & Toast
- Experience with Eclipse & ANT based build system.
- Experience with Android Studio.
- Experience in Gradle.
- Experience with Supply chain domain
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.