Software Developer ( R-00086103 )
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies” Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear.
The Leidos Civil NISC IV program is hiring for C++ Developer to support the Federal Aviation Administration in Oklahoma City, OK. The candidate will be working with a team of computer/electronics engineering professionals redesigning/upgrading the Juneau Airport Wind System (JAWS). This position will be responsible for tech-refresh of the JAWS system hardware and software.
The developer will:
- Participate in all phases of development of application software to include architecture, design, implementation, debug, validation, and verification.
- Manage lifecycle to include requirements, system design, and test.
- Produce software code that interfaces directly with hardware.
- Debug and troubleshoot commands in object-oriented programming.
- Analyze and translate requirements into system architecture that interfaces with hardware.
Successful candidate must have the following education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline and 4 to 8 years of prior experience. However, additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Solid programming skills in C/C++ and knowledge of Linux OS architecture fundamentals to develop software for weather systems which includes multiple algorithms.
- Proficiency C++ development within Linux and Windows environments
- Proficiency developing GUI applications within Linux and Windows environments
- Proficiency working within a Linux environment
- Proficiency developing hardware system design
- Proficient in data communication methods and protocols such as Ethernet, USB, and RS-232
The ideal candidate would have the following knowledge and experience as a plus:
- Experience with TCP/IP application development
- Experience with web based application development
- Experience with serial application development
- Experience with GTK application development
- Experience with multi-threaded application development
- Experience working within Eclipse, Visual Studio and Netbean IDE
- Experience using Git SCM
- Experience using SQL
- Experience with Linux system administration
- Experience with board level electrical design and development
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.