Graphics Software Developer
Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Graphics Software Developer, supporting multiple US Navy programs, located in Bethesda MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. You will get to work with state-of-the art technology developing the most sophisticated and “game changing” trainers the US Navy deploys. You will be part of a brilliant team, in a constant learning environment, on a long running program, performing work that has a major impact, with access to additional pay options. This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
This position develops software as part of the team creating three dimensional graphics systems including a submarine periscope simulation, a submarine bridge simulation, and a ship weapons simulation. This cutting edge visual simulation is used in a variety of naval training and simulation systems, utilized throughout the US Navy. All software is developed in a Linux environment, and written in C++ and OpenGL, utilizing various software packages. Software development will include designing, coding, unit testing, integration testing, and verification and validation testing. This position develops sophisticated, real-time software to enhance the fidelity of the visual simulation. Work will include the development of new code and the maintenance and extension of existing code. A background in physics or mathematics is useful to implement physics-based enhancements, such as ocean wave models.
Travel may be required to trainer sites, including Pearl Harbor HI, San Diego CA, Bangor WA, Norfolk VA, Groton CT, and Kings Bay GA, that will not exceed 10% of the job.
BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Graphics, or equivalent experience.
• Must have 2+ years of experience developing applications in modern versions of C++ (v14 and later).
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position.
• Experience with OpenGL/GLSL/Vulkan
• Have a strong working knowledge of tools and libraries available for the Linux operating system
• Have strong knowledge of object oriented development and data structures, be able to adhere to identified coding standards, and have experience with version control systems
• Requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
• Experience with development in Unreal Engine 4, OpenSceneGraph, or similar engines
• Experience in modern game programming
• Experience with physics-based modeling and visual simulation systems, or real time graphics programming
• Exposure to unit testing, continuous integration and code reviews
• Knowledge of graphics hardware and GPU internals
• Experience with developing for Virtual Reality headsets
• Experience with high performance computing
• Active DoD Secret clearance
• A code portfolio is preferable for demonstration of previous, or self-started projects, ex: GitHub
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.