PeopleSoft Developer (HCM)
Are you interested in improving and shaping the IT industry? Leidos is seeking a PeopleSoft Developer who is motivated by variety, is seeking a challenging environment for professional growth, and is interested in supporting an Investor-Owned Utility client headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. Leidos has a long-term customer who we have supported in all areas of IT operations since the client’s first outsourcing engagement over 20 years ago.
Leidos is looking for a PeopleSoft Developer to join our team to provide technical application support for our utility client. The PeopleSoft Developer will analyze, develop, deploy and implement new solutions using the latest PeopleSoft technologies to achieve program goals and business results. Successful candidates will have significant development or architectural experience creating and maintaining applications through all stages of the software release life cycle and will make recommendations for developing and integrating new requirements and capability enhancements. The ability to perform configuration, coding, testing, and implementation tasks while meeting deadlines must be demonstrated. This candidate must have the ability to work collaboratively with teams and effectively interact with Project Manager, Lead Technical Analysts, Technical developers and Business team.
Note: On call rotation and evening/weekend work will be required.
- Troubleshoots operational and systems issues ranging from difficult to highly complex, including problems with multiple solutions and potential significant consequences.
- Works in coordination and collaboration with other information technology (IT) staff to develop and implement or recommend the implementation of appropriate solutions to complex problems.
- Ensures performance optimization.
- Provides research, analysis and recommendations when new functional business processes or software upgrades are needed and develops new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of business strategy and operations.
- Writes technical specifications, configures, customizes, builds and tests PeopleSoft configuration and customizations.
- Integrates PeopleSoft application software over data management systems and supporting components and services.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or Engineering preferred). High school diploma with an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- 4+ years of development experience with PeopleSoft Technology
- Software development using several of the following PeopleTools 8.5 (or greater)
- PeopleCode, Application Designer, Application Engine, Integration Broker, Component Interface, Fluid Pages, SQL scripts, Data Mover, Data Migration Workbench, PeopleCode event triggers, application packages, SQR
- Experience with several PeopleSoft HCM modules: Time and Labor (must have), Absence Management, Benefits, HR, Compensation, User Experience and Interaction Hub,
- Strong SQL knowledge; able to write and read complex SQL
- Experience with enterprise-wide PeopleSoft environments involving multiple component interfaces
- Excellent communication skills for customer interaction a must
- Working knowledge of agile and waterfall development methodologies
- Strong ability to set and meet functional team deadlines while maintaining an even disposition under pressure
- Public sector Experience with a Utility or Energy Based company
- Strong knowledge of systems development and project management methodologies/processes
- Configuring integration broker
- Creating test cases
Salary Range: $110k to $130k (based on years of experience)Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.