Sr Cobol/DB2 CICS Developer
The ITSSC II Program is in search of a COBOL/DB2 CICS Developer. We serve the Social Security Administration (SSA) and their mission to meet the changing needs of the public, positively impacting at least 65 million American lives per month. Be part of the mission solution and help lead SSA’s Digital Modernization Strategy. We are a team of forward-looking professionals in need of a strong candidate with these key required skills: COBOL, DBE2, CICS, and JCL development. Do you have most of these key required skills, education, or experience? Do you want to learn more about our telework posture? Are you an US citizen, US resident, or Visa candidate and think you might fit? We recommend you apply and start the conversation today! Join us in supporting our SSA contracts in Woodlawn, Maryland.
These skills will help you succeed in this position:
- 11+ years of strong COBOL development and maintenance experience.
- 11+ years coding OS/JCL job streams.
- 8+ year of DB2 experience.
- 7+ years of strong CICS experience.
- 7+ years of VSAM experience.
- Experience with Endevor, DB2 utilities, FileAid and Xpediter.
- Candidate should possess good soft skills with extensive experience with analyzing and documentation of detailed requirements, development of use cases, high level and low level design, and be capable of producing related documentation.
- Candidate must possess the experience and ability to work effectively independently without technical oversight and to collaborate effectively within and across teams.
Showcase your knowledge of modern development through the following experience or skills:
- Has work experience working in Mainframe modernization initiatives.
- Has the ability to lead Conversion and Modernization initiatives.
- Has a track record of providing latest trends and Creative solutions in mainframe environment to the customers.
- Has demonstrated continuous learning and skill development through adoption of new technology trends in mainframe environment.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around, you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
Find your “Why” with us!
- Provide advanced mainframe technical and subject matter expertise to the Leidos suite of projects supporting the critical mission functions of the Social Security Administration, Office of Systems Architecture, Division of Testing Services (DTS).
- The resource will be responsible for conforming to customer standards and requirements.
- The resource will support, in part, functional enhancements to the web-based Enterprise Test Data Management System (ETDMS).
- The resource is expected to be a high-performing team member and must demonstrate excellent communication skills to ensure success.
- All other duties as assigned or directed
Education & Qualifications
- Master’s degree and 9+ years of experience in a training-related field or bachelor’s degree and 11+ years of experience in a related field
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world. Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.