When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are seeking a Software Developer for our public cloud engineering and experience team focused on making public cloud platforms easier and better to use for Verizon development and operations teams. This role will be the front-end and back-end developer for the public cloud onboarding and management portal (onecloud.verizon.com).
The Cloud User Experience (CLUE) team is responsible for managing and simplifying user touchpoints with public cloud environments (AWS, OCI, GCP, Azure). Long term objective of the CLUE team is to provide a unified user experience to the end-user community by combining disjointed cloud platforms/tools/processes into a single one.
- Working with existing code as well as developing, integrating, and testing new features for cloud-native serverless web portal.
- Working with customers to define requirements and own the projects from inception to deployment.
- Ensuring code quality by implementing test automation and unit tests.
Where you’ll be working…
This role will be based out of one of the locations listed in the posting. In this role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with and knowledge of Cloud and User Experience.
- Knowledge of ReactJS and NodeJS.
- Knowledge of interacting with RDBMS.
- Knowledge of writing and consuming REST APIs.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Public Cloud Certifications - AWS Solutions Architect Associate or similar.
- Working experience with Agile/ Scrum methodologies.
- Experience in User-centric design, User Experience, End-User Support, or other related disciplines.
- Working knowledge of public cloud providers (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure, OCI).
- Experience with modern source control repositories (e.g., Git) and DevOps tools (e.g., Jenkins/Ansible).
- Strong communication skills and the ability to present to peers and leaders to build consensus and enthusiasm behind the public cloud.
- Familiarity with cloud-native and serverless architectures and an understanding of design principles for scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Experience with container platforms and container technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with open source applications, frameworks, and concepts.
- Experience with code reviews and implementation of coding best practices.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.