Amentum is currently seeking a Software Developer to support an IT Managed Services program for a major national laboratory in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The overall program includes a 500+ work force performing Enterprise IT support, Service Desk, and Telecommunications support across multiple facilities and locations, for classified and unclassified telecommunications and information technology (IT) systems.
You will be a part of a team working with internal/external customers to design, develop and deploy software systems to national security missions.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Create software designs and specifications, and related communications, are part of normal maintenance activities.
- Work collaboratively with architects, developers, technical leads, customers, and end users to collect requirements, design solutions, and deliver extensible software applications.
- Document outcomes of unit test, software test, systems test, and production test.
- U.S. Citizenship required; must not possess dual citizenship with any other country other than the United States.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree and 6 years of experience OR an Associates Degree and 10 years of experience or a High School Diploma / GED and 14 years of experience.
- Must be able to obtain a TOP SECRET (TS) or DOE Q clearance and maintain it for the life of the contract.
- Experience working on full-stack software development team doing both front-end and back-end development.
- Software design experience.
- Strong Java experience.
- Experience developing software on Unix/Linux.
- Knowledge of distributed and parallel computing.
- Familiarity with cloud-based technologies, such as AWS, and platform-as-a-service technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Some C++, Python experience.