Software and Algorithm Developer - TS/SCI with Poly
The Integrated Solutions Division at Leidos is seeking a Software and Algorithm Developer to provide mission critical software and algorithm support to our customer. This role will work to develop and support IC enterprise products. As a Software and Algorithm Developer on this program, you will have the opportunity to analyze advanced mission tools and software utilizing developmental capabilities and experience to support a complex technical program. You will participate in and/or direct major deliverables throughout all aspects of the research and development (R&D) lifecycle including scope and work estimation, architecture and design, coding and unit testing. This challenging and dynamic position will provide you with the opportunity to be part of something exciting with the ability to use your experience on this important, fast-paced, mission critical program. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan and a generous 401k and these are just a few of the great benefits. This position requires a TS/SCI clearance with a poly. Ready to tackle your next challenge then we want you on our team.
- Manage, build, configure, administer, operate and maintain all components that comprise software and algorithm development
- Leverage proficiency in software development using industry standards and emerging toolsets to perform rapid prototyping
- Develop and maintain the rapid development of tools, algorithms and prototype capabilities to support R&D
- Test and develop tool prototypes to advance processing techniques, analysis support and mission operations
- Produce new software, algorithms, analytics and other mission software requirements
- Mature engineering code related to artifact mitigation, calibration and data format translation
- Implement advanced processing techniques into relevant tools and software for expanding mission awareness
- Facilitate the dissemination of data
- Must possess an active TS/SCI security clearance with a polygraph
- BS or equivalent experience in Electrical/Computer/Systems Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics or other related field
- BS degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience using high performance computing including graphics processing units
- The ability to innovate in the cloud environment using tools such as Docker, Consul, Kubernetes, Jenkins and other tools related to continuous integration
- Be able to utilize best practices writing and automating unit and integration test to provide verification of software functionality
- Experience with community analytic tools
- Experience working in an R&D lab setting
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.