Sr. BI/Tableau Developer
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Designing, develop, implement, and maintain Business Intelligence/Business Objects reports using Medicaid/CHIP claims and other subsystem data
- Developing and administrating the Business Intelligence/Business Objects development and production Business Objects and SQL Server servers
- Leading complex business intelligence solution and supporting data strategy leveraging acquired subject matter expertise to identify/inform opportunities/risks
- Performing SQL script execution, maintaining, and building new and/or modifying existing programs to meet system and design specifications
- Designing, developing, and implementing complex SQL queries used to create data marts
- Managing backups of all Business Intelligence/Business Objects Windows servers
- Creating Metadata Business Intelligence/Business Objects Universes
- Creating Business Intelligence/Business Objects Reports for State and Federal governments
- Designing and developing database systems to efficiently store and report data
- Participating in project discussions to document and recommend alternative technical solutions or requirements
- Participating in unit, integration, and system testing
- Meeting with the customer on a regular basis to communicate project status
- Maintaining effective communication and relationships with all persons involved with the project
- Providing technical assistance, training, and mentoring to others
- Learning new technologies as needed to be able to perform job duties effectively
- Researching and consulting with resources and/or industry experts to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of systems and applications
- Performing additional duties that are normally associated with this position, as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelors or Advanced Degree in a related field such as Information Technology/Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Analytics, Business Technology
- 5+ years of Business Objects (BO) Development and Reporting experience or experience developing, implementing, and maintaining complex Tableau or MS Power BI dashboards, visualizations, and analytics
- 5+ years of SQL development including 4+ years SQL and Performance Tuning
- 2+ years of Data Warehouse project experience
- 1+ years of leading complex business intelligence solutions in the same role
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 2+ years of Teradata Version 14+ experience including SQL Assistant
- 2+ years of Tableau Dashboards Development / Tableau Server Administrative experience
- Experience in SAS Visual Analytics is a nice to have
- Experience with State Medicaid / Medicare / Healthcare applications
- Experience in Tableau or BO version upgrades
- Experience in Agile
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, end client facing skills, team collaboration, and mentoring skills
- Solid organization skills and ability to set priorities and schedule work deadlines
- Adapting to and collaborating with the team and organizational culture
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.