When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Security Engineer will be part of Verizon’s Corporate Information Security (CIS) Cyber Defence Engineering (CDE) Team, which plays a crucial role in defending Verizon from current and future cyber threats. This Security Engineer will be responsible for backend development within the SEC-OPS Security Orchestration, Automation and Response (SOAR) Platform: IBM SOAR/Resilient. This includes, but not limited to: scripting, workflow creation, developing documentation, and creation of custom integrations with external vendor applications and Verizon tools. This role will work closely with the SOAR Team, various internal towers as well as cross-organizational teams on design, development, and use of the system.
An ideal candidate will have a strong background in scripting and development work within SOAR platforms. The Security Engineer will also need to be forward thinking with deep technical knowledge and the ability to integrate new and existing tools with our ticket system. They need to be able to understand and solve business problems while managing associated risks and compliance requirements.
- Supporting the SEC-OPS SOAR Platform (IBM SOAR/Resilient) both from an integration standpoint and front end application.
- Writing scripts to enhance and automate processes within SOAR platform, playbooks, and workflows.
- Maintaining direct and regular interaction with the organizational stakeholders to ensure system is working and meeting defined requirements.
- Driving new integrations and automation to achieve the goals and objectives of the SOAR platform users and stakeholders.
- Working with both vendor and custom API.
- Supporting integrations between the tool systems, ticketing platform, and SIEM platform.
- Evaluating new features of the product to build out new capabilities for the platform, which can be shared across the various security organizations.
- Performing Change Management work.
Where you’ll be working…
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of experience in security development and scripting.
- Experience in scripting languages (Python).
- Experience in creating and using JSON-based RESTful web services APIs.
- Experience in integrating external security tools with ticketing systems.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Experience in IBM SOAR / Resilient a plus.
- RHEL System Administration experience.
- Good communication and presentation skills along with the ability to handle multiple priorities and high-stress situations.
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple business units.
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Ability to drive process improvements and identify gaps.
- Ability to engage with customers, client executives and other Verizon teams.
- Ability to excel in a team, as an individual, in a fast-paced deadline driven organization.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.