API Developer Relations
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon is undergoing a transformation from a telecommunications company to a technology company, and we are in search of the next generation of leaders to help us drive forward. An important part of this initiative is transformation to an API-first approach. With products at different stages of this journey—monolithic, API-last, API-first—we need a people who can help establish and build the right culture for this transformation.
As an API Developer Relations, the person will be responsible for:
- Mentoring and coaching the organization on API-first best practices and skills.
- Building and driving the editorial calendar and education activities around Verizon’s open-source engagements and products.
- Engaging with developers and participate in developer forums; create samples, guides, tutorials, and blogs to ensure an excellent experience, both for internal and external developers.
- Working closely with partners API/open-source communities, such as CNCF, GraphQL Foundation, to coordinate marketing collateral and initiatives.
- Acting as the voice of developers and Verizon’s customers in creating and operationalizing world-class SaaS platforms.
- Helping improve our products by creating and managing feedback loops regarding API design, platform usability, and functionality.
- Participating in and grow the communities around Verizon’s involvement in industry standards and open source.
- Building strong cross-functional partnerships at multiple levels within the company, including commercial, engineering, marketing, sales, and services.
Where you’ll be working…
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience in the API space (e.g., as a developer), including three years in leadership roles.
- Five or more years of experience in developer advocacy.
- Strong experience in marketing and promoting the value proposition of APIs to different stakeholders.
- Strong technical writing experience to produce clear and concise documentation and other materials that support API adoption.
- Strong experience in networking and relationship building to develop partnerships and promote API adoption within targeted groups (internal and external).
- Experience in tracking and measuring API usage and providing insights to inform strategies, business cases, etc.
- Experience with and a solid understanding of the cloud-native ecosystem, developer tools, and APIs.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master of Business Administration.
- Have been a representative for your organizations at conferences to internal seminars.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefit options including: medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, basic life insurance, supplemental life insurance, AD&D insurance, identity theft protection, pet insurance and group home & auto insurance. We also offer a matched 401(k) savings plan, stock incentive programs, up to 8 company paid holidays per year and up to 6 personal days per year, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. Newly hired employees receive up to 15 days of vacation per year, which grows with additional service. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Washington work location, the salary range for this position is between $140,000 and $ 260,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This position is eligible for an annual performance-based bonus. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.