ICITAP Educational Curriculum Developer KSA - KSA
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
ICITAP Educational Curriculum Developer KSA - KSA
For more than 60 years, PAE has tackled the world’s toughest challenges to deliver agile and steadfast solutions to the U.S. government and its allies. With more than 20,000 employees on all seven continents and in more than 70 countries, PAE delivers a broad range of operational support services to meet the critical needs of our clients. Our headquarters is in Falls Church, Virginia.
PAE is supporting the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) in providing specialized training, advisory and mentoring services to host nations under the Criminal Division’s International Criminal Investigative Training and Assistance Program (ICITAP). https://www.justice.gov/criminal-icitap
ICITAP is a cornerstone of America’s global strategy for combating transnational crime, terrorism, countering trafficking in persons, establishing rule of law and enhancing human rights in developing countries. PAE is the contract service provider to the DOJ ICITAP and Overseas Prosecutorial Development, Assistance and Training (OPDAT) programs.
In support of ICITAP, a DOJ-funded program, we currently seek a qualified Instructional Designer based in KSA. The advisor will provide expertise in instructional design theories, practice, and methods to effectively benefit adult learners (cadets) working in a security/law enforcement capacity to do their jobs in a global environment. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be responsible for designing, developing, and implementing a relevant and progressive curriculum using effective learning strategies by delivering high-quality instruction, assessing learners, advising stakeholders, and participating in organizational development activities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist stakeholders in analyzing training needs, identifying learning solutions, developing outlines, storyboards, and learning products
- Analyze incoming requests to identify the root cause of performance gaps and determine if training is the appropriate intervention
- Lead the entire instructional design lifecycle as a contributing instructional designer while engaging subject matter experts, assessing content, and identifying gaps to transfer their knowledge into learning materials efficiently
- Provide expertise in instructional design theories, practice, and methods to colleagues and partner country stakeholders, which will involve working closely with a team
- Conduct research using a variety of sources to ensure content accuracy and relevance
- Design learning exercises, case studies, activities and knowledge assessments, quizzes
- Develop PowerPoint-based instructional guides for instructors and participants, use other instructional strategies to support learning that will transfer to the real world
- Identify appropriate training approach to meet demands of the learning objectives and audience
- Design and develop engaging and interactive courses in a variety of modalities (self-directed, instructor-led, or blended)
- Consolidate feedback gathered on lessons learned, analyze lessons learned, and put into practice in future curriculum design
- Estimate, plan, prioritize, and coordinate work to meet delivery schedules and ensure accuracy of created content
- Assist with contract compliance requirements, including keeping accurate records in professional development, attendance, retention, documentation, and assessment
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Education, Information and Learning, Adult Learning, Criminal Justice, Homeland Security, or related fields from a US Department of Education accredited institution is preferred.
- At least ten years of experience in instructional design, educational technology, e-learning, or online curriculum design
- Proven experience designing and implementing strategies for in-person and online capacity-building/education programs
- Experience working with subject matter experts and technology developers
- Experience working in multicultural teams for stakeholders in countries from different parts of the world and diplomatically resolving issues
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain confidentiality regarding critical and sensitive information, records, and reports
- Satisfactory English proficiency to meet job requirements and to adhere and comply with safety, health, and security measures. Knowledge of Arabic a plus.
- Must be able to legally work in the United States without sponsorship. Possession of a valid U.S. Passport.
- Successfully complete medical fit for duty.
- Security Vetting: Already possess a US Government issued security clearance or be able to obtain a favorable US Government clearance is required for the position. Must maintain eligibility at the required certification or clearance level for the duration of the contract. Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Prior experience working with law enforcement and/or in a military environment
- Prior experience with U.S. government contract work and/or international development
- Experience converting in-person capacity-building training/education to online formats
- Ability to work positively and effectively with learners from diverse language, cultural, and educational backgrounds, mainly from Arabic-speaking countries
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.