BI Developer - Telecommute
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyze, review, forecast and trend complex data, reviewing the analysis and interpretation of others' work
- Develop and implement effective/strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes
- Support short and long term operational and strategic business activities through analysis; analyze competitive market strategies through analysis of related Business Intelligence dashboards and databases
- Work closely with team to identify and specify complex business requirements and processes; research and evaluate alternative solutions and make recommendations; synthesize current business intelligence or trend data to support recommendations for action; write programs to consolidate various data tables, categories, and code in SSRS, Tableau and Excel, to generate graphs and charts for special reports to extrapolate and analyze hospitalizations versus skilled admissions
- Manage timely flow of business intelligence information to users; ensure company deliverables are achieved with quality work and on time
- Design, develop and implement user friendly enterprise software product, score cards for top management to review Admits/K days, Days/K and many other reports and analytics for finance team using programming languages such as SSRS, Tableau, Excel, and other Business Intelligence
- Monitor the functionality and performance of the existing programs or codes from time to time, validate errors in the system or process and test the solutions
- Work on defects assignment from our SNOW application; monitor weekly Utilization report refresh; design and build Utilization, Claims, Medical Expense Management dashboards using Tableau Desktop App and DAE, Duplicate admission, Membership sales SSRS reports; maintain job aids, functional testing and other reusable knowledge assets
- Develop Technical Specification, Software Application design document and software development methodologies to improve outcome for Optum Services and business units
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (Mathematics, Economics, Health Care, Information Management or Statistics) OR 5+ years of experience developing dashboards as equivalent
- 3+ years of experience developing dashboard and reporting solutions with data visualization tools, including Tableau Desktop, SSRS and BI tools
- 3+ years of experience with data warehouses /mart supporting BI and reporting needs
- Experience writing queries
- Experience with Tableau Server administration - specifically with project administration and managing workbooks for large teams
- Experience developing within an agile (i.e.Scrum or Kanban) framework
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.