Leidos is seeking a Software Developer to support development of mission critical applications for a prominent intelligence mission. As a member of the Agile software development team, the Software Developer will develop solutions, workflows, executive scripts, writing code in various languages such as Vue and Python. The ideal candidate has strong experience in modern software development practices and has built distributed, data and transaction intensive applications. The ideal candidate is familiar with the Agile software development life cycle from user requirement generation to automated tests and deployment.
In this role, a portion of the unclassified work can be done remotely, with approval from the prime contractor. In office work will be done in a facility in the Springfield/Alexandria area, with occasional in person meetings at other DC area locations such as Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling AFB and Reston, VA.
- Design, develop and deliver modern secure software applications to enable the intel mission
- Design and develop microservices and APIs to support integration with UI components and other applications
- Design and implement required metadata models using relational and NoSQL databases
- Troubleshoot defects, deduce root cause, and implement mechanisms to prevent reoccurrence and mitigate offshoot issues
- Efficiently divide and conquer software development tasks with other developers
- Actively seek ways to improve business software processes and interactions
- Aid and support the coaching and training of other team members to achieve better quality
- Support grooming of user stories, breakdown development tasks and estimate level of effort
- Employ a test-first development approach and code unit and integration tests to mitigate defect risks
- Apply secure coding practices adhering to OWASP and mitigate vulnerabilities early
- Employ modern event-driven architecture using frameworks like Kafka
- Build reusability in day-to-day development and maintain library of reusable components and services
- Obsess on code quality by continuously monitoring SonarQube reports, performing peer reviews and ensure sufficient test coverage
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related discipline. Years of experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
- 3+ years of experience as Software Engineer developing distributed software applications using modern and open-source technologies and frameworks
- Experience with Linux, Git, Jira, Confluence, and Artifactory
- Experience with frontend unit testing tools, such as Vitest, Peeky, Jest, and Jasmine
- Experience with cloud technologies, such as AWS EC2, S3, RDS, SQS, etc.
- Deep understanding and experience developing Front-end microservices
- Strong data modeling experience with relational (PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases
- Strong understanding and knowledge in API best practices – REST
- Has worked in a DevSecOps model and delivered code through CI/CD pipelines
- Familiar and used security and code quality tools like SonarQube, OWASP, and Fortify
- Candidates must already possess an active TS/SCI clearance.
- Candidates must be willing to obtain and maintain a polygraph.
- US Citizenship is required due to the nature of the government contracts we support.
- Experience in software development supporting DoD and/or IC
- Experience in Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, and Jenkins
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.