Applications Developer - Java Script and Spring Boot (Remote)
Work Where it Matters
Compass Point, an Akima company, is not just another federal IT contractor. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), our mission and purpose extend beyond our exciting federal projects as we support our shareholder communities in Alaska.
At Compass Point, the work you do every day makes a difference in the lives of our 15,000 Iñupiat shareholders, a group of Alaska natives from one of the most remote and harshest environments in the United States.
For our shareholders, Compass Point provides support and employment opportunities and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years.
For our government customers , Compass Point delivers a broad range of skilled IT services, including data-centric services, software development, IT infrastructure modernization, managed IT services, and more.
As a Compass Point employee , you will be surrounded by a challenging, yet supportive work environment that is committed to innovation and diversity, two of our most important values. You will also have access to our comprehensive benefits and competitive pay in addition to growth opportunities and excellent retirement options.
We are seeking a Mid-Level Java Script and Java Spring Boot Developer with a strong background in Object Oriented web development for the development and support of multiple applications hosted in Amazon Web Services (AWS). The client is located in Washington DC, however this is a remote position.
- Serves as a Mid-level Java Script and Java Spring Boot Developer for the development team.
- Ensure that the Vue.JS applications remain in a steady state of functionality and add new features as required.
- Develop Spring Boot features in deployed Java applications.
- Reports to the Team Project Manager.
- Participates in Agile Kanban meetings (Daily Stand Up, Jira Story writing).
- Four (4) years of Object Oriented (OO) software development experience.
- Four (4) years of Agile experience.
- Three (3) years of development experience in Java Script frameworks such as Vue.JS or Angular
- Three (3) years of web development experience using Java.
- Two (2) years of experience in Spring Boot framework.
- Software development life cycle.
- Software Testing.
- Software Version Control (Configuration Management).
- Agile Scrum Experience.
- Familiar with:
- SQL statements in JDBC code.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, Management Sciences, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related discipline.
- Software Version Control (Configuration Management) using Git.
- Understanding of Requirements and Testing Documentation.
- Knowledge of Implementation Activities.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you are an individual with a disability, and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us at email@example.com or [Register to View] (information about job applications status is not available at this contact information).
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Compass Point
Clearance: Able to Obtain Public Trust
Shift: Day Job
Work Type: Remote
Req ID: COM00543