Sr Developer/Application Architect(Azure)
Leidos Public Health Portfolio has immediate openings for a Sr Developer/Application Architect (Azure) to work in support of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Role is expected to be fully remote
Must currently reside in the United States for the last three consecutive years
The Application Architect is responsible for working with a diverse set of stakeholders to review and analyze requirements, design, build, and test new software features and functionality, and investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve software defects.
This is a hands on role with design and development in an Azure environment.
Job responsibilities include:
- Expertise in creating application architecture, data flow diagrams and evaluating system for discrepancies and vulnerabilities
- Suggest ideas to improve system performance and cost reduction
- Communicate system architecture to stakeholders and collaborate and coordinate with other developers to adopt new technologies, procedures, and IT standards
- Champion coding best practices
- Influence others to adopt new technical approaches and solutions
- Effective communication of technical problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Working collaboratively with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Reading and comprehending software requirements, and assisting with estimating efforts
- Design, development and implementation of new features and resolution of defects
- Assisting in troubleshooting software application and configuration issues
- Assisting with application deployments which include installation, configuration, and testing
- Producing technical documentation for new and existing features and application configurations
Bachelor’s Degree with 8 yrs of related experience
4 additional years of experience considered in lieu of degree
Application architecture logical and entity framework-based design experience.
• 5+ Experience with Application Architecture, Application design, Application refactoring, microservices and web services
• 5+ Experience with architecting and designing applications.
• 3-5 years’ experience in designing cloud solutions with Azure.
Experience in one more is a Plus:
• Experience and Understanding of Health IT and healthcare data standards.
• Experience in technical domains such as Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI) Analytics, Microsoft Dynamics, and Low Code/No Code Analytics applications for dynamic analytic reporting (drillable analytics).
• Azure DevSecOps: Azure Boards, Azure Pipeline based CI/CD software releases and code branch workflow,
• Azure Repo based code repository management and security
Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) and Ability to Obtain Public Trust clearance
Preferred experience with CDC and local to the Atlanta area.
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $176,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.