Power BI Developer (TS Clearance)
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The candidate will support the customer's Office Data & Information Sharing by serving as a data engineer within the client's Business Intelligence Program. The candidate will work with a variety of data sources from multiple systems. The candidate will use scripting languages to extract data, transform, and unlock insights that solve the clients pain points. The candidate will create Power BI dashboards with calculated measures (DAX & M), improve data processes for the client by creating PowerAutomate flows, and develop PowerApps to serve as front data capture applications. The candidate will apply statistical methods such as regressions, decisions trees, and more to optimize models and provide data driven results. The candidate will operate in both a technical and non-technical capacity and be able to translate highly technical concepts into easy-to-understand business terminology for clients.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Active Top Secret Clearance is required to be considered for this position
- Experience with data modeling, cleansing, and transformation utilizing a tool such as Power BI, Tableau, SQL, or PowerQuery, Python, etc.
- Can work effectively without detailed instructions
- Comfortable working with and presenting to senior client executives
- Ability to articulate both complex analytic and technical problems and create presentations to display business value.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in both Microsoft Power BI (DAX &M), Power Apps (Canvas Apps), & PowerAutomate.
- Microsoft Power App Maker Certification and/or Microsoft Data Analyst Associate Certification.
- Understanding and analyzing data to generate business insights, and providing specific recommendations, based on those findings, to optimize business results.
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
US Citizenship Required.
Being You @ IBM