Leidos is a FORTUNE 500 company bringing a mix of innovative technology and sector expertise to customers in the national security, engineering, and the health industries.
The Leidos Defense Group has openings for Software Developers for multiple levels including Journeyman and Senior level. These positions are located within multiple locations including Beale, Joint Base Langley, Newport News, and Warner Robins.
These opportunities are a part of a large Military Intelligence Program supporting the USAF Air Combat Command’s Distributed Common Ground System (AF DCGS).
We are expecting award and funding of these positions in February 2024.
- The candidates for these roles will execute software planning, requirements, risk management, design, development, architecture, modeling, estimation, configuration management, quality, security, and tests using software development methodologies, architectural structures, viewpoints, styles, design decisions, and frameworks supporting DCGS sustaining engineering services activities.
- Analyzes user’s software mission needs and requirements.
- Designs, develops, and implements new software and software patches to meet mission and security requirements.
- Tests software and secure interfaces between information systems, physical systems, and/or embedded technologies.
- Modifies and maintains existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware, or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
- Designs countermeasures and mitigations against potential exploitations. Develops software system testing and validation procedures, programming, and documentation.
- Conducts software tests to ensure the desired information is produced and instructions and security levels and functionality are correct. Identifies security issues and recommends security measures.
- Prepares software documentation.
Requirements will vary depending on level, but the majority will require:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a computer science, engineering, or information management related field; additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of a bachelors degree.
- Minimum 3 to 10 years of related experience
- DoD Directive 8570.1-M Security+ and CISSP required at minimum.
- Previous AF DCGS weapon system experience is highly desired
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,250.00 - $146,875.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Original Posting Date:12/20/2023
While subject to change based on business needs, Leidos reasonably anticipates that this job requisition will remain open for at least 3 days with an anticipated close date of no earlier than 3 days after the original posting date as listed above.