As a Hardware Developer at IBM, you’ll get to work on the systems that are driving the quantum revolution and the AI era. Join an elite team of engineering professionals who enable IBM customers to make better decisions quicker on the most trusted hardware platform in today’s market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking a BEOL semiconductor integration engineer, who will be working with a world class team on research and development of the most advanced technology nodes, continuously pushing the boundary of logic technology with partners and clients worldwide.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Basic understanding of CMOS scaling challenges and roadmap especially Back End of the Line (BEOL)
- Familiar with Copper interconnects and dual damascene integration flow.
- Semiconductor device integration, process development: prior experience as intern/co-op at a 300mm semiconductor FAB is a plus.
- Familiar with Silicon CMOS technology qualification
- Define and execute DOE (Design of Experiment)
- Familiarity with Statistical Process Control is a plus
- Attention to detail, data summary analysis leading to conclusion and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skill. Expect to work closely with cross functional teams.
You must be willing to work in IBM research center in Albany, NY as the primary work location. You must be willing to work an alternate schedule including some evenings/weekends
A degree in physics, material science/engineering or a related area is required. Bachelors degree with +5 years or Master’s degree with +3 years or Ph.D. with +1 years of semiconductor related experience.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
Your Life @ IBM
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
- Healthcare benefits including medical & prescription drug coverage, dental, vision, and mental health & well being
- Financial programs such as 401(k), the IBM Employee Stock Purchase Plan, financial counseling, life insurance, short & long- term disability coverage, and opportunities for performance based salary incentive programs
- Generous paid time off including 12 holidays, minimum 56 hours sick time, 120 hours vacation, 12 weeks parental bonding leave in accordance with IBM Policy, and other Paid Care Leave programs. IBM also offers paid family leave benefits to eligible employees where required by applicable law
- Training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform where IBMers can grow skills and obtain industry-recognized certifications to achieve their career goals
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups, giving & volunteer opportunities, and discounts on retail products, services & experiences
The compensation range and benefits for this position are based on a full-time schedule for a full calendar year. The salary will vary depending on your job-related skills, experience and location. Pay increment and frequency of pay will be in accordance with employment classification and applicable laws. For part time roles, your compensation and benefits will be adjusted to reflect your hours. Benefits may be pro-rated for those who start working during the calendar year.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
Being You @ IBM