Software Developer ( R-00053124 )
The Leidos Innovation Center (LiNC) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Software Engineer to work at our Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) customer site on Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. We are seeking a dedicated and talented Software Engineer to work as part of a leading-edge research and engineering, design and development team. Leidos seeks mission and team-oriented individuals who enjoy working as an individual contributor in highly collaborative teams.
The Software Engineer will contribute to the Mission Planning and Debrief (MP&D) research and development in AFRL’s Warfighter Readiness Training (WRT) Division. This work digitizes mission planning and mission debriefing content and incorporates computational intelligence, or agents to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of planning and debriefing in training exercises and future operations.
You will work as a Software Engineer in a high performing research and development team supporting the MP&D team. You will work on an agile team with other developers completing full stack tickets, and use React for the frontend and Node.js for the backend with a MySQL database architecture. You will also be able to help test and merge in other teammates’ tickets, as well as give ideas/ input to improve our system. Other responsibilities will include attending daily standups with the team to ensure everyone is doing well and making progress on their tickets, as well as working closely with our customer to ensure that we are on track for what their requirements are and be flexible in case those requirements change. Finally, you will develop and establish and maintain effective working relationships within the WRT program and Leidos entities, and interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
The successful candidate will work with government customers, software engineers, subject matter experts, and military personnel.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related/equivalent field.
- Have 2+ years’ experience in challenging applied domains (which can include internships and co-ops).
- Have experience in development of distributed, web-based systems, service-oriented architectures, front-end user interfaces, and back-end databases.
- Proficient with Node Framework (React, Angular).
- Proficient with Git.
- Have knowledge of various domain areas (e.g., air, cyber, space, etc.).
- Be proficient with Node.js, Typescript, testing with Jest.
- Experience with a message structure or WebSocket connections.
- Experience working and developing in research environments.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Be a US Citizen. NO non-citizens will be considered.
- Be capable of obtaining a DOD Secret Security Clearance, at a minimum.
- Active and current DOD Secret Security Clearance