Software Developer ( R-00054615-OTHLOC-6314 )
This is an opportunity to join a team of highly skilled, innovated and the best group of individuals out there. Leidos’ Cybersecurity Intelligence and Response Team (CSIRT) has an immediate opening for a motivated Software Developer. In this position, you will be on the leading edge developing custom tools to protect Leidos, an international company made up of 38,000 employees that provides Defense, Intelligence and Health Products to our customers. Our goal is to stay ahead and maintain a technical advantage over our adversaries using the latest technical advancements providing global capabilities that our Cyber Defenders use on a daily basis. While the primary role for this position is development working with in a cyber-security organization, there is opportunity to gain cross-functional experience working directly with our cyber defenders to understand their mission and the capabilities they need to support the corporation. As a key part of the team, your responsibilities will include all aspects of the software, systems, and platform development lifecycle including work estimation, design, deployment, automation and coding within an Agile and Continuous Delivery model. You will have opportunities to develop custom solutions using modern technologies, which include Python, Docker Containerization, Ansible Automation, CentOS/RHEL/Ubuntu. In this position, you will have the ability to grow thru training opportunities, conferences and collaboration with industry peers and adjacent parts of our business. You will be challenged and provided a tremendous opportunity for growth in a highly collaborative environment.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug mission focused software utilizing modern software languages and tools, such as Python.
- Participate in the full software and systems development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters.
- Build and maintain complex network and server clusters and infrastructure, installing, configuring, and tuning hardware and software during setup and maintenance of these systems.
- Use Gitlab development operations, collaboration and source control tools.
- Works independently on moderately complex projects/assignments. May assist other technical staff with tasks and assignments.
- Develop and Document custom capability maintenance Processes and Procedures used by operators
- Support creation and updating of all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development and testing. Identify potential roadblocks and develop around them.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Develop maintainable code that matches specification. Perform unit testing of code, including manipulation of data for analysis of system requirements.
- Own delivery of small parts of a system or application. Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first.
- Bachelor's degree and 6-10 years of experience as a systems developer. Additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree. The candidate must be familiar with common Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) processes.
- Should have programming skills in several of the following programming and markup languages: Python, Bash, C++/Rust, JSON/XML
- Familiarity with DevOps processes and continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) principles.
- Must have knowledge of Source Code Management concepts (code lines, branching, merging, integration, versioning, etc.)
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), time management, interpersonal and team participation.
- Problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrate poise and ability to act calmly and competently to technical and non-technical challenges.
- Must have strong interpersonal and networking skills.
- US Citizenship is required and able to obtain security clearance
-Additional expertise with Machine Learning/AI a plus
-Additional expertise with cloud environments like Amazon AWS or Azure a plus
-Experience in RDBMS is a plus
-Experience in ElasticSearch is a plusExternal Referral Bonus:EligiblePotential for Telework:Yes, 100%Clearance Level Required:NoneTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Cyber Security Research and DevelopmentPay Range:Pay Range $71,500.00 - $110,000.00 - $148,500.00