Senior AI/ML Architect ( R-00060601 )
Leidos's Advanced Analytics Branch within the Leidos Innovation Center (LInC), has an exciting opening for a Senior Machine Learning Architect specializing in designing, developing, and deploying analytics that provide machine-learning and artificial intelligence-based capabilities to work in Arlington, VA. The position will be in support of deployment of analytics in the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC) DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program.
D3P is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform providing cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. The candidate will be working with a team of data scientists to expand on our 20+ AI/ML algorithms already in production.
We are looking for a Senior AI/ML Architect with a specialization in analytics focused on machine-learning or artificial intelligence applications to join a team of Ph.D.-level peers in designing and developing advanced technology-based solutions for contract research and development projects, and then applying these solutions to the design and deployment of mission-focused systems. The innovative technical solutions delivered to customers advance the state of the art while addressing long-term problems of importance to national security. Candidates should have successful, proven, and demonstrable experience leading cross-discipline teams in the development and integration of software-based solutions for competitive, contract-based applied research programs (e.g., 6.2), and proven experience deploying solutions at scale into prototype and production systems. The ideal candidate will also have experience in directing teams of data scientists (including research scientists with backgrounds in machine learning, artificial intelligence, and embedded systems) in the design of sub-components, integration platforms, and testing and research validation methodologies and techniques.
Fun stuff on the job:
- Design and implement efficient, fault-tolerant Machine Learning workflows for processing high-velocity, heterogeneous data in a production environment, including optimization of ML workflows for CPU & GPU processing
- Manage the full lifecycle of Machine Learning microservices, including model prototyping, training & evaluation, containerization, unit testing, performance optimization, and deployment in a Kubernetes-based infrastructure.
- Work with a team of system engineers to help design subsystems and components.
- Work with other senior data scientists to expand on existing AI/ML models and to evaluate third party services.
- Lead teams of fellow researchers, data scientists, data engineers, and software engineers to execute complex R&D programs
- Independently design and undertake new research as well as partner in a team environment across organizations.
- Develop topics for creative and innovative R&D approaches to solving major machine-learning or artificial intelligence challenges.
Skills you need to be successful on this job:
- Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain Poly
- Master’s degree in engineering, computer science, data science, or a related discipline, such as statistics or applied mathematics with at least 10 years of relevant experience
- Sustained (e.g., at least 5 years), hands-on experience with: data modeling and data engineering, feature engineering, model lifecycle management, and cloud infrastructure; supervised and unsupervised deep learning algorithms such as convolutional neural networks, recurrent neural networks, gated recurrent units and working in data analysis, modeling, and visualization packages in TensorFlow, Kera, Pytorch, Caffe, and Theano; and developing or integrating analytics in programming languages such as Python.
- Experience with Natural Language processing
- Experience integrating solutions that incorporate the state-of-the-art methods coupled with the creativity and intelligence to advance beyond in one or more subfields of ML or AI: Computer Vision; Pattern Recognition; Predictive Modeling and Decision Support; Reduced Order Modeling.
- Leadership abilities necessary to lead projects that include strong communication skills needed to present research plans, progress, and results to customers and internal decision-makers alike.
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Top Secret clearance with SCI and CI Poly
- A PhD is highly desirable
- PhD dissertation in Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence with publication track record
- Prior experience as a team lead
- Prior experience working with All-Source Intelligence Analysts to design mission-focused solutions
External Referral Eligible
LInCExternal Referral Bonus:EligibleExternal Referral Bonus $:$5000.00Potential for Telework:NoClearance Level Required:Top SecretTravel:Yes, 10% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:40Shift:DayRequisition Category:ProfessionalJob Family:Data ScientistPay Range: