Software Developer ( R-00063941 )
The Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR)/Mission Equipment Package (MEP) Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination (PED) Division of the Defense Group of Leidos has an opportunity for Software Developers to use your experience to develop a new version of the ground control station for Product Development Directorate- Common Systems Integration (PdD-CSI). In support of this program your position as a Software Developer will be to support US Army programs located in Huntsville, Alabama.
The position will involve supporting Agile software development activities for the UASGCSv4 within the Defense Group. In this role you will be expected to contribute to hardware/software development, model based systems engineering, and integration activities as well as other infrastructure-related duties as assigned.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, develop and maintain mission-critical software in support of unmanned systems, and intelligence gathering products for ground based systems
- Participate in laboratory, ground and flight testing to validate software
- Document and communicate proposed software solutions with integrated, cross-functional engineering teams in a fast paced highly technical environment
- Stay up-to-date on state-of-the-art programming techniques and software technologies
- Participate in software design and code reviews to ensure delivery of quality products and enhance skillsets
- Create software solutions that meet FACE 3.0 and UCS version 3.4 conformance
- Contribute to investments and research that fuel innovation and technological advancements
- Design and develop automated tests at all level: unit level, integration, and system test
- Software systems development, including the design, development, troubleshooting, and debugging of software programs for software enhancements and new software-intensive systems and products.
To be considered for these positions a candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with four (4) years prior relevant experience or a Master's degree with two (2) years prior relevant experience
- Experience programming in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, or C#
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of an engineering team.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to convey technical ideas in a clear, logical fashion
- Ability to translate highly technical discussions into executable plans.
- Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a SECRET security clearance
- Experience in system integration and field testing activities is a plus
- Experience in embedded avionics software development
- Experience with the Agile software development process IAW USG defined requirements
- Experience with MIL-STD 882E and/or DO-178C