Software Developer ( R-00067612 )
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customer’s success. We are in search for a mid-Level Software Developer supporting the Mission Planning development program in Orlando, FL.
The successful candidate will be energetic, eager to learn and comfortable working in a collaborative team environment. Under supervision, core responsibilities will include:
- Creation and modification of SW utilities for various Mission Planning needs
- Development of web applications, REST APIs, and occasional desktop utilities
- Debugging of application deployment in various environments
- Working within a CI/CD pipeline and providing guidance and input into required updates to provide robust functionality to the customer
- Reviewing and recommending next generation web technology solutions to the team to provide the best capabilities to Mission Planning.
If this sounds like the kind of work and environment where you can thrive, read on and share your resume with us today!
To be successful in this role you must have the following:
- Must be a US citizen and have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Level Security Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a closely related field with a strong understanding of object oriented software concepts
- 4+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years experience with Angular and TypeScript
- 1+ years of experience with any .NET programming language or Java
- Experience calling/utilizing REST APIs
- Knowledge of Integrated Development Environments (IDE) with Visual Studio experience preferred
- Experience utilizing a source code version control system such as Git
- Experience programmatically interfacing with a relational database
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience creating REST APIs
- Knowledge of web authentication mechanisms to implement single sign-on
- Familiarity with configuring basic web server settings
- Familiarity with object relational mappers, such as .NET Entity Framework or Hibernate
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience with common scripting tools such as Windows Command Prompt, PowerShell, and Developer Command Prompt for Visual Studio
- Knowledge of Virtual Machine environments and their use