Scientific Algorithm Developer ( R-00061262 )
Leidos is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Geospatial Algorithm Developer to join the Engineering, Implementation, Science, Operations, and Communications (EISOC) program to support the NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory team in Pasadena, CA on groundbreaking space missions. Jet Propulsion Laboratory uses EISOC to develop new space systems and flight software, and provide engineering, training, and operations support. The selected candidate for this position will work as part of a larger team and will have significant interaction with internal analysts, developers, system engineers as well as external partners and the sponsor.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work as part of a larger team developing, reviewing, testing and maintaining geospatial image processing algorithms, focusing on photogrammetric/geomatics applications using data form multiple sensors and platforms.
- Work within the team to provide algorithm specification, design, and implementation for multi-mission operational image processing data system and mapping of imagery obtained during remote-sensing operations.
- Work as part of the team that is responsible for the advanced integration and automation of processes associated with the extraction of information from the sensor data, its compilation into 3D spatial databases, and subsequent exploration, management and archiving.
- Help assure the state-of-the-art capabilities in detection, identification, correlation and extraction of data in support of remote sensing mapping.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Geomatics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics of related technical discipline with a minimum of 5 years of related experience; OR a Master’s degree with 3 years of related experience; or a PhD with 1 year of related experience.
- This position requires a U.S. Citizen who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- The work will be performed in Pasadena CA.
- Advanced knowledge in one OR more of the following fields: (Digital photogrammetry, image understanding, stereo vision, optimization algorithms).
- Broad knowledge in one OR more of the following related fields: (Numerical analysis, data analysis, mathematical modeling).
- Experience in programming in Python and C/C++ in Linux environment.
- Understanding and application of standard software engineering principles, especially with respect to unit and regression testing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have Active TS/SCI security clearance upfront.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience using Git, a revision control system.
- Exposure to Agile software development.
- Familiarity with Anaconda and conda environments.
- Experience working with a team to turn prototype algorithms into delivered software products.
- Experience managing software build processes with CMake in Linux environment.
- Understanding of concepts of large-volume data processing.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.Pay Range: