Java Developer ( R-00070988 )
The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation has a Java Software Developer job available in Bethesda, MD. This opening will support federal health enterprise systems.
Research, design, develop and maintain enterprise system for our Leidos clients using the JEE, Spring MVC, Struts 1.3+, Spring JDBC, Hibernate, Bootstrap, SOAP/RESTful, XML, PL/SQL, SonarQube, Git (Stash) and JIRA in an Agile software development environment. This involves the use of user stories, acceptance criteria and other software engineering artifacts as part of an Agile team. He/she will create and update all relevant documentation and specifications for design, development, and testing. He/She will present concepts using UML and be willing to challenge other team member’s designs as well as receive and incorporate feedback. The candidate will also assist in troubleshooting and fixing issues from the production environment. The candidate will collaborate with customers, analysts, architects, DBAs, operations, and testers using Agile Scrum.
The candidate will be responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, TDD, static code analysis, peer/code review). He/she will support the software configuration management process and understand software components and their interface requirements.
This position requires someone who is proactive and passionate about ensuring the quality of software deliverables and continuous improvement, as well as, and can communicate with the development teams what is required to achieve this effectively on tasks.
Bachelor's Degree preferably in Computer Science or IT related discipline and 5 years of related experience is required.
• Experience with Object oriented design and development, data structures and design patterns
• Experienced with Agile framework and ability to apply best practices using industry standards throughout all software developed
• Experienced with Java 7+, Spring MVC/ Struts, JDBC, Hibernate, Eclipse, Web Services (XML, SOAP/RESTful, Apache CXF) and Git
• Experience with front-end technologies such as Bootstrap, JQuery, Ajax, Tiles, HTML5, CSS3
• Experience with RDMS and database design and troubleshooting (Oracle, PL/SQL)
• Experience with Automated unit test (i.e. jUnits, jsTestDriver, mocks) and test driven development
• Knowledge of web application security vulnerabilities and how to address them
• Experience with build servers such as Cruise Control, working knowledge of ANT Scripting. Familiarity with continuous integration principles.
• Able to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-pace environment.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
Requires ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.