Principal AI Engineer (2112460)
We are the world’s learning company with more than 21,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Do you love the field of deep learning and would you love a job with expectations to keep abreast on the state-of-the art in language processing? And a job also with expectations to continuously “move the performance needle” for the business? Do you resonate with the need for reproducible research and robust data pipelines? Can you write solid, well engineered code and work in a team environment of highly capable and motivated individuals? Are you excited at the idea of helping to build our next generation of machine learning tools, analytics platforms, and language/math assessment algorithms?
The Senior Machine Learning Engineer will play a leading role in migrating machine learning based solutions from R&D to product-level operational delivery. This person will have the opportunity to systematically research new methods for improving the accuracy, efficienciey, and transparency of models used in educational assessment and expected to take a leading role on a small but talented team.
This requisition is part of the Pearson/MZD team, which develops innovative assessment technology platforms. We are now in the midst of building our next generation assessment platform, which is a multi-year project with enormous strategic value, leveraging state of the art technologies and processes. We are looking for outstanding candidates to bolster the staff of this critical project.
The Pearson/MZD development team is comprised of a small group of inspired developers that thrive on developing cutting edge applications, with a passion for innovation and pride in producing excellent user experiences. Our work environment is collaborative, casual, flexible, agile and results driven. Since the business provides a mission-critical service to a demanding set of clients, high-quality performance is required to meet customer expectations.
- MS or PhD in a quantitative field (CS, EE, statistics, math, data science)
- 5+ years experience in the field of natural language processing (NLP)
- 5+ years professional experience as a software engineer or data scientist
- Strong coding capabilities in Python
- Experience leveraging cloud services
- Proven ability to build neural networking models for natural language applications
- 5 years experience TensorFlow, PyTorch, or Keras
- Strong in using Jupyter notebooks for research and data analytics
- Ability to bring order to complex technical problems
- 1+ years experience working in an agile environment
- Desire to expand knowledge in many development languages, applications, and tools
- Quickly learn new processes and tools, business domains and technical applications
- Must assimilate information, distill knowledge, apply experience and provide solution alternatives and recommendations
- Must have strong time management skills - including the ability to work well under pressure, plan, set priorities, adapt to change, and meet established timelines
- Must be a self-starter and detail-oriented
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Experience with Git
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Organization: Assessments School
Req ID: 2112460