Principal AI ML Platform Engineer ( 584039-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
At Verizon, we are on a multi-year journey to industrialize our data practices and AI capabilities. Very simply, this means that AI and data will fuel all decisions and business processes across the company. At 130B+ dollars in annual revenue, this is a pioneering opportunity to build the data products and talent at a top global telco organization.
Artificial Intelligence and Data Organization's (AI&D) Data Engineering team is looking for a Principal AI/ML Platform Engineer. This role will architect, design, implement and support the full lifecycle of high-performance AI & ML systems, software, services and solutions in support of data science initiatives in AI&D.
- Data Science Tools Administration (30% )
- Responsible for architecting, designing and implementing the full lifecycle of data science tools and data analytics platforms in support of analytic data warehouse, academic programs and research, ensuring quality, security, stability, integrity and recoverability
- Supporting Data Science Teams (30%)
- Contributes to building data models for analytical purposes
- Architect, Designs, builds and maintains tools that automate common tasks that serve both technical support staff and data scientists
- Provides tools, guidance and assistance to engineers to help them effectively manage their code and data
- Diagnoses and resolves complex problems spanning multiple systems
- Automation for Data Science Code and Platforms(20%)
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines). Knowledge of Ansible, Jenkins, Jira, Artifactory, Git, etc.
- Technical SME/Leadership (20%)
- Function as SME both within Verizon and externally within industry
- Serve as technical lead and advisor to Verizon Teams
- Serve as trusted advisor for the business and IT groups
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with Big Data systems and Data Science platforms ( Hadoop, Domino Datalab, Vertex, etc)
- Experience with Cloud platforms ( GCP, AWS, etc)
- Experience deploying and supporting complex scientific platforms, tools, and software ( SAS, R, Python, Hadoop, SQL, NoSQL, Tensorflow, RStudio, and Jupyter Notebook, etc)
Even better if you have:
- Experience in creating and managing production Data Science platforms like Datarobot, Domino Data Labs,
- Able to analyze, evaluate, and implement complex IT systems, along with the ability to diagnose and resolve complex problems.
- Good knowledge of Linux as Hadoop runs on Linux.
- Familiarity with open source configuration management and deployment tools such as Puppet or Chef, Terraform and Linux scripting.
- Maintains knowledge of current and emerging technologies, technology trends, and industry best practices for areas of responsibility.
- Experience building platform for E2E ML pipelines using Python, R, H2O, Tensorflow and Big Data platform: Data prep, Model Build, training models, Deployment, Scoring, Monitoring and optimization.
- General operational expertise such as good troubleshooting skills, understanding of system’s.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).