QA Test Automation Developer - Remote (41726)
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,500 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of 3,780 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co., a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [SC00]
The ability to work remotely within the United States may be available based on business need. This option is currently not available in the states of California, Colorado, Illinois, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Montana, Nebraska, New York, Oregon, or Washington.
We have recently embarked on a Digital transformation journey where we are reimagining the way we work and serve our users. Our projects benefit the community by aiding in providing safe, reliable electricity to everyone:
- Customer: create analytics to improve customer satisfaction along the customer journey for a lifetime as they move-in to a residence, pay their bill and move to new residences.
- Transmission & Distribution: develop algorithms to detect asset failures, reduce outages and provide reliable electricity to customers.
- Smart Meter: provide customers with the electric usage they need to make smart decisions about their home as well as reduce threats and theft in the electric system.
What you’ll do:
As a QA Test Automator at FirstEnergy you will join a digital transformation team working in an Agile environment and use Java / Selenium to develop test scripts for internal and external web solutions. You will spend your day expanding the automated testing foundation for our applications by creating test scripts.
- You will translate the functional uses cases from Business Analysts (BA) into the automation test cases. This role may also create the Gherkin scenarios that are the first step in translating a manual test into the automated test script.
- You will translate the functional uses of the application as described in the test cases from the Gherkin scenarios into the Java Cucumber scripts.
- You will create the automated test plans needed to test the application through the test automation framework.
- You will work closely with the BA’s and the development team to ensure that all page objects are accounted for, and the functionality is in alignment with the user’s needs.
- You will mentor other test automation analysts & developer resources.
- You will actively participate in a collaborative work environment.
What You Will Need to be Qualified:
- Level II - You have a bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science or another related field with 3 years of related experience. In lieu of a degree, you have 5 years of related experience.
- Level III - You have a bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science or another related field with 5 years of related experience. In lieu of a degree, you have 7 years of related experience.
- Level IV - You have a bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science or another related field with 7 years of related experience. In lieu of a degree, you have 9 years of related experience.
- Related experience includes but is not limited to automating web testing using Java, Selenium, TestNG or similar testing frameworks
- Has worked and been an active participant on a Scrum team or similar Agile methodology
- Experience/Knowledge using Azure Dev Ops to manage source code, manage developer tasks and bugs, and perform builds/deploys.
- Demonstrated knowledge of testing processes, standards, and best practices
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
- You have strong communication skills and can be a coach/mentor to grow and maximize your team’s potential
- You are willing to travel throughout the organization and service territory and work extended hours, as required
The following are Preferred Qualifications:
- Gherkin or equivalent behavior driven development experience
- Experience with Browserstack service for testing mobile apps.
- Experience with the ExtentReport library for generating Selenium reports.
- Experience using the Eclipse IDE or IntelliJ
- Experience with Maven to support the project build and reporting processes.
- Working knowledge of the Azure DevOps cloud architecture (to facilitate running our tests asynchronously in Azure)
- Experience developing against Oracle
- Previous experience leveraging behavior driven development to align solution to requirements
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team