Robotics Process Automation Developer - Remote (41185)
FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,500 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of 3,780 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co., a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [SC00]
The ability to work remotely within the United States may be available based on business need. This option is not available in the states of California, Colorado, Illinois, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Montana, Nebraska, New York, Oregon or Washington at this time.
This position is responsible for developing and documenting business process automation solutions, primarily using robotics process automation (RPA) software, while following best practices to drive business value. This position facilitates delivery of complex solutions to business problems through detailed discovery of their needs. The individual should have a deep passion for innovation.
- Design business process automation solutions in accordance with standard RPA design principles and conventions.
- Develop business process automation solutions that are efficient, well-structured, maintainable, scalable, and easy to understand.
- Create and maintain solution documentation throughout the project lifecycle.
- Follow secure practices to ensure applications are free of common vulnerabilities.
- Resolve defects and other performance problems discovered during testing.
- Support deployment of developed automation solutions.
- Resolve automation software issues and implement change requirements as part of a structured change control process.
- Work within project planning constraints, communicating any identified project risks and issues accordingly, and provide inputs to the change control process.
- Participate in code review of developed automation solutions.
- Assist business analysts with technical aspects of automation opportunity assessments when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline with a minimum of 7 years relevant experience required. In lieu of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience required.
- Relevant work experience will include intermediate experience designing, developing, and documenting software solutions.
- Experience developing Robotics Process Automation (RPA) solutions with Automation Anywhere.
- Understanding of workflow-based logic and the ability to both understand a business process from a workflow diagram and to conceptualize it as an automated solution.
- Experience developing business process automation solutions with artificial intelligence toolsets is preferred.
- Experience in business analysis, scoping business requirements, identifying scope change and system impacts (including external systems).
- Completion of Automation Anywhere certification programs.
- Strong software development, testing, and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience working within Agile methodologies.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience providing customer-focused support, both internally and externally.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team