FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,500 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of 3,780 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co., a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [SC00]
The ability to work remotely within the United States may be available based on business need. This option is not available in the states of California, Colorado, Illinois, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Montana, Nebraska, New York, Oregon or Washington at this time.
The FirstEnergy Integration team supports the hardware and software used for system integrations internal and external to FirstEnergy. The team works with FirstEnergy employees to understand their business processes and then develops an integration to support them.
An IT Developer on the Integration Team is responsible for working with business units and IT to deliver and maintain applications that enable business transformation. The IT developer focuses on technical solutions and applications, understanding business processes and translating them into work projects in the form of internal and external integrations. They will participate in the production support and enhancement lifecycle of FirstEnergy’s Integration systems.
- Development/Support of webMethods integrations and web services used in the data transfer between both internal and external facing applications and platforms
- Design, develop and test complex integrations and web services using the webMethods suite of tools
- Leverage webMethods Designer to support development and resolution of production break/fix issues
- Investigate and resolve problems with integrations in a production support environment including responding to problem tickets 24/7.
- Create and execute comprehensive unit and integration test plans.
- Develop and maintain documentation in the support of integrations for use by other members of the team for support/training purposes
- Active participation in a collaborative work environment, across both IT and the business
- Frequent interaction with business owners/stakeholders to gather requirements for new development projects, estimate work effort, and assist in defect resolution during testing, etc.
- Adhere to IT Sarbanes-Oxley (SOx) Controls and CIP regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business, Computer Science, or related degree with 4 years related experience. In lieu of a degree, consideration given to non-degree candidates with 6 years equivalent hands on experience.
- Related experience includes experience as a Developer, Business Analyst or experience in a related analysis field
- Demonstrated driver of solutions with proven ability to collaborate with others to achieve the objectives of an assignment or project
- Understanding and willingness to embrace IT application development standards and processes
- Knowledge of project management concepts and tools
- Experience facilitating meetings in support of your project
- Willingness and propensity for continual growth, willingness to undertake assignments involving unfamiliar subjects, ability to adapt and change quickly
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications, and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and plan work on multiple concurrent tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and solve non-routine problems with little or no guidance
- Aptitude to learn quickly
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to think creatively
- Work effectively in a virtual team environment
- Highly motivated; ability to work independently with a high level of productivity.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours, and be available for call-in and after hours support if needed
- Comfortable with using standard FE computer software including Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Teams with an aptitude for using these technologies to accomplish work assignments
- Experience and knowledge in webMethods Core components – 10.3 (Integration Server and Universal Messaging)
- Knowledge on integration protocols: Rest, SOAP, XML, and FTP/SFTP
- Experience using the webMethods SAP adapter, JDBC adapter, and web services
- Solid web service interface design skills with in-depth knowledge of Rest, XML, XSD and WSDL
- Working experience administering/supporting an enterprise webMethods landscape, including installation and performance tuning
- Experience with ITIL processes – Change Management, Incident, Interaction, etc.
- Managed multiple stages of projects including, but not limited to, initiating a business case or project charter, creating work plans and resources plans, identifying risks, defining, and implementing change management, managing costs.
- Experience managing resources assigned to complete tasks on a project
- Experience or knowledge of FirstEnergy IT processes, applications and systems
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team