Software Developer Intern ( R-00064780 )
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
Our Transportation Solutions Operation delivers cutting-edge research in some of the most exciting technological fields and advances state-of-the-practice solutions in transportation safety. A new era of mobility requires specialized expertise to address paradigm shifts in how we travel and move goods.
We support our customers with:
- Connected and Automated Vehicles
- Aircraft Traffic Planning and Operations
- Human Factors Research
- Analysis, Modeling and Simulation
- Transportation Safety and Operations, and Asset Management
- e-Construction and Accelerated Construction
- Freight Efficiency
- Research Facility Management
This is an intern software engineering position with Leidos' Transportation Solutions business unit. Specifically you will be working on teams responsible for developing and maintaining the FAA air traffic control software. This position is expected to provide solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity. The environment is object oriented (primarily C++/Java), or C language on a UNIX/Linux platform. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
The En Route Display Management (EDSM) CSCI is home to the following areas: Radar Position Displays, D-position Views, A-Position Support, Specialist Displays, Commands, Data Synchronization and Settings, Flight Strip Printing and Toolbar Management. EDSM provides controllers with a real-time display which provides a graphical view of the current air traffic situation, including aircraft position (targets), flight information (data blocks), strobes, radar weather, Next-Generation Weather Radar (NEXRAD), geographical maps and other information.
In this position, you will work with a team of software developers, system integrators and system engineers supporting a number of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) programs. Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining FAA air traffic control software (primarily C, C++/Java) on a UNIX/Linux platform. Strong communication skills.
- Following a documented Software Development Process
- Troubleshooting technical issues
- Use of version control tools such as Git, Subversion or CVS
- Use of UNIX and Linux operating systems
A typical student profile includes:
- Pursuit of a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Familiarity with the following: Linux/UNIX C/C++ Java Scripting languages (PERL, C#)
- Excellent written/verbal skills.
Candidates must be enrolled in a degree program or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
Your GPA needs to be included on your application and resume.
US Citizenship Requirements
Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.Pay Range: