.Net Developer ( R-00072505-OTHLOC-6314 )
QTC, a subsidiary of Leidos, has an immediate opening for a .Net Developer supporting our corporate function. Remote candidates may be considered for this role with preference for candidates who are located or are willing to be located in San Dimas, CA; San Antonio, TX; Nashville, TN; or Malvern, PA.
Plans, conducts, and coordinates software development activities. Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems or questions in computer language for solutions by means of data processing equipment. Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle. Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter to be programmed in business/mission applications, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to develop software. Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls. Ensures software standards are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop web based and desktop applications through collaboration of user design specifications, user stories and Business Requirements Document (BRD)
- Consult with users, product marketing and product management to determine software/system functionality and scope of technical specification document (TSD)
- Architect and design state of the art solutions
- Assemble reusable class libraries and web services
- Provide expert advice and consulting in maintenance and enhancement of existing code within high transaction volume / highly availability environment
- Unit test developed code
- Code deployment as required and compilation of deployment guide for promotion of code from Dev , QA, Training and Production environments
- Assume development lead role for large projects
- Use discretion and expert judgment to establish level of effort for development activities
- Identify development tasks and track progress against project plans utilizing TFS or other SDLC management tools
- Assess new technologies relevant to company business, evaluate benefits and outline presentation of new innovations to meet business objectives
- Partner with Product Marketing, Product Management, Developers, DBAs, Configuration Management and QA team
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Ability to switch between priorities quickly without affecting quality or performance
- Ability to lead projects and development activities across product-lines
- Working knowledge of development methodologies (e.g. Agile, CMMI)
- Knowledgeable in service oriented architecture
- Proficient in object oriented design and development
- Must be knowledgeable of SDLC processes and tools (e.g. Microsoft Team Foundation)
Education and/or Experience:
- Explicit experience developing with .Net technologies using C#, Bootstrap, JQuery and ASP.Net MVC is required.
- Experience with HTML5 is a plus.
- Must possess proven experience of developing of n-tier applications including Web applications, windows applications, web services, and integration with 3rd party products and developing re-usable class libraries.
- Development experience utilizing PL-SQL. T-SQL experience is a plus.
- Experience with Oracle Forms and Reports programming a plus
- Must be able to successfully pass National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) background investigation
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.
QTC Management Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The company recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, people with disabilities protected under law, and protected veteran statusPay Range:Pay Range - -