Staff Developer / DHMSM ( R-00072473 )
LEIDOS is currently searching for a motivated Developer to join the Engineering Team to define, implement, deploy and sustain new capabilities for the MHS GENESIS DoD EHR system, supporting the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program, a highly visible $4.3B single award IDIQ vehicle that provides support to the Defense Health Agency. The DHMSM program is the DoD’s leading program designed to deploy a modern electronic health record (EHR) system across the United States and around the globe. Leidos, with core partners Cerner, Accenture, and Henry Schein, will support the DHMSM Program Executive Office (PEO) and the Defense Health Agency in the global deployment of our proposed EHR that will deliver improved system capability to the DoD whenever and wherever healthcare is required. The DHMSM system will provide important health IT capabilities to 9.6 million active military, their families, and their beneficiaries. The system will replace the current EHR AHLTA/CHCS, which Leidos built and currently provides sustainment services at locations around the world.
- Provide development expertise to meet system requirements. The role will develop, script, install, and configure specialized integration and testing software to provide an effective solution to the client. Translate interface specifications into software that can process the specified request and perform the required processing. Design, configure, test, and document applications and tools based on a project's functional and business requirements including interface, database, configuration of applications and scripts.
- Provide design, development, integration and sustainment (break/fix) support for systems and associated interfaces in pre- and post-deployment phases. Support technical activities to stabilize system operation and ensure suitable system performance may also be required.
- Commensurate experience in IT, and new or related older technology that directly relates to the required area of expertise.
- BS Degree and 10-12 years’ experience.
- US Citizen, with the ability to obtain a Public Trust
- Troubleshooting of deployed IT systems, including RDBMS , via review of system and application logs
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies, including testing
- Experience developing Object Oriented web-applications and basic design-pattern knowledge
- Experience designing and developing simulations to aid systems testing requirements
- Develop or direct software system testing or validation procedures. Familiarity with Jmeter, Jconsole, SoapUI.
- Modify existing software to correct errors, adapt to new hardware, or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance
- Analyze information and data patterns to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new application or modification of an existing application
- Maintain and manage software version control (such as: SVN, Git) and Jenkins software management automation server using ANT, Maven, Nexus
- Programming/scripting skills: Java, Ruby, Python, Bash, SQL, XML/XLT, JSON, Apache open-source software/libraries (such as: tomcat, derby, camel, …)
- Must be able to thrive in a high-paced, continuously evolving environment; attention to detail and documentation skills required
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Previous Healthcare Experience and familiar with EHR systems.
- Splunk experience
- Cybersecurity implementations
- Identity and access management
- Experience with EHR systems a plus