Developer - Remote ( R-00072738-OTHLOC-Remote-20United-20Kingdom )
Discover yourself at Leidos! Join our team and we’ll unleash your talents...
We are in search of a Developer who will work with senior leadership and Heads of Department to deliver solutions and ensure smooth execution of projects in line with Leidos’ goals and priorities.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
What You’ll Be Doing:
As the largest provider of IT services to the U.S. Government, Leidos develops and sustains large data and technology infrastructures and integrates complex IT systems for almost every branch of the U.S. Government. Leidos currently has a number of positions supporting the United Kingdom MOD logistics programme.
As part of an Agile Team, this role designs, develops, and maintains software applications using a tailored SAFe Agile DevSecOps Scrum process. This role uses best practices and patterns to perform design, development using AWS Services, Java, C, Python and Infrastructure as Code. An individual in this role is also expected to perform automated testing and unit testing, while performing automated deployments of software modules using a Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools pipeline. Duties also include participating in daily scrums, performing software requirements analysis, risk identification, risk mitigation, and collaboration across Agile teams. Flexible cross-training to also provide systems engineering, software development, training, security, and testing is also desired.
- Must be a UK Citizen
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a UK SC Clearance
- BS Degree and 9-12 years of relevant experience or Masters with 7-10 years of relevant experience
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- Have recent experience with developing software code in Java/C/Python/IaC and an appreciation for the SDLC
- Possess the knowledge and experience to perform complex and difficult system and specialty engineering task
- Knowledge/experience in leading a team of diverse engineers and support staff in maintaining current Test and Development environments.
- Ability to work independently and/or under supervision
- Participate in the development of documentation.
- Coordinate closely with customers, Scrum Masters, and cross-functional areas to communicate project statuses and initiatives.
- Analyze data to effectively coordinate the installation of new systems or modifications to existing systems.
- Support the Agile software development lifecycle.
- Use of industry leading tools like GitHub, SonarQube, Robot, TestRail, Ansible, Terraform, Unix bash scripting
- Perform systems software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments leverage GitFlow constructs
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness.
- Develop and execute project plans. Leverage Atlassian tool suite like JIRA and Confluence to track activities
- Apply best practices and standard operating procedures
- Experience with AWS Cloud environment.
- Certified in SAFE
- Certified AWS
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.Pay Range: