Software Developer- Entry ( R-00074023 )
Leidos is seeking Scientific Computing Software Engineers to support a variety of sophisticated, state-of-the-art acoustic training and simulation systems. We are looking for an energetic, motivated, independent, self starter for a challenging position with Leidos. If you have the ambition, we have the position.
Candidate will develop sophisticated, real-time, software to enhance the fidelity of training and simulation systems. The work may include developing numerical models, sonar system simulation/stimulation software, message passing and data distribution software, and/or trainer command and control software. This code is used in a variety of naval training and simulation systems. All software is developed in a Linux environment, and written primarily in C++, and Python, utilizing various software packages (boost, NumPy, and MPI). Software development will include requirements analysis, designing, coding, unit testing, integration testing, and verification and validation testing. Work will include the development of new code and the maintenance and extension of existing code. A background in physics or mathematics is useful to implement physics-based enhancements to the training and simulation systems. Our team employs an agile development approach using Kanban.
Travel may be required to trainer sites, including Pearl Harbor HI, San Diego CA, Bangor WA, Norfolk VA, Groton CT, and Kings Bay GA, that will not exceed 10% of the job.
- BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance, requires US Citizenship.
- Candidate must have some experience developing software in C++, or related languages.
- Candidate must have a strong working knowledge of tools and libraries available for the Linux operating system, and be familiar with sound software engineering principles and methodologies.
- Candidate must demonstrate a general commitment to excellence, a dedication to producing quality work results, and an ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Candidate must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional when interacting with colleagues and customers, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
- Advanced degree, continuing education in computer science, and/or advanced math/physics background.
- Cluster computing, signal processing, real-time software, numerical simulation software, software that executes across multiple processors, underwater acoustic modeling, or familiarity with sonar systems.
- Experience with Agile development and Atlassian products.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.