Principal Engineer - Java Developer ( 589998-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are looking for a Lead Java developer and technical architect who will be responsible for the delivery of critical Product Catalog Transformation for Verizon. You will be responsible for working with the various stakeholder groups to deliver business critical projects with high quality on time and within budget. You will work with a global team of diverse talent and will need to work with other team members within the organization and deliver the programs.
- Ensure Catalog platform is delivered along with the business needs while providing best in class customer experience.
- Lead and oversee all aspects of the development process, ensuring the development activities are carried out according to the highest industry standards.
- Continuously improve the agile development process, with an emphasis on automation, reuse and increased productivity.
- Interface with various internal and external systems and stakeholders.
- Ensure that the technical solution is in line with the business requirement and technical standards.
- Work to support a diverse range of complex initiatives both in development as well as production and regularly lead multiple, technically complex, large-scale projects.
- Train new team members and onboarding them to the Catalog platform helping create a center of excellence.
Where you'll be working...
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.This role can sit out of any valid U.S. based Verizon work location.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in Product/Retail Catalog like Amdocs, Hansen.
- Experience implementing large scale, Java applications using Microservices.
- DevOps, experience with CICD.
Even better if you have:
- Masters degree in a related field
- TMForum SID model expert is significant nice to have
- Knowledge on Rest API services, xmls, json, swagger etc
- Knowledge on Spring reactive framework /Spring Webflux
- Experience in data governance
- Experience on Cassandra database
- Experience on Search application like ElasticSearch and Fusion
- Additionally tools like Informatica , Couchbase.
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Good communication skills
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).