Cell Site Engineer ( 596048-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Cell Site Engineer, you’ll be out in the field keeping our facilities and equipment in top form by maintaining several locations in your assigned area. You’ll be doing regular maintenance, keeping inventories, doing audits, and maintaining and upgrading cell sites or installations. You’ll also be evaluating our network coverage and finding ways to make it even better.
- Performing optimization, troubleshooting, and maintenance of base station equipment, RF transmitters, and Fiber network.
- Testing the fiber network and integrating network hardware to bring new products on-air and enhance customer experience.
- Evaluating network coverage to find gaps, making recommendations to improve coverage, and helping to implement those recommendations.
- Conducting routine, preventative maintenance on assigned cell sites to identify potential issues during general site inspections.
- Complying with the company- and industry-wide standard directives to maintain network performance and enhance efficiency.
- You will provide cell site support across the Brooklyn and Queens Territory.
- Ability to report to the designated job site/work location within 45 minutes toone hour of notice to provide rotational on call coverage for mainly the Brooklyn territory but will also support the Queens territory as well.
Physical Requirements of the job may include, but are not limited to: climbing stairs and ladders, working from elevated areas, lifting and carrying objects weighing up to approximately 65 pounds, pushing, pulling, grasping, twisting/bending, and crawling, squatting, or kneeling in small spaces.
In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a defined location(s).
What we’re looking for...
You’re tech-savvy and well-versed in all things telecommunications. Working independently suits you well. You’re also thorough, vigilant, and on top of the details—someone people count on to solve problems and to make sure they don’t happen in the first place.
You’ll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel occasionally as needed.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Even better if you have:
- A 4-year degree (BA, BS, Engineering, etc.)
- Experience in wireless performance, troubleshooting antenna systems leveraging a spectrum analyzer.
- Training in telecommunications, data communications, digital communications, operating systems and applications, computer support, scripting, project management, or power.
- Experience with LTE or CDMA technology.
- Experience with fiber testing or power distribution systems
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).