Test Engineer - Remote ( R-00080071-OTHLOC-PL-2D0313 )
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a Test Engineer within the Logistics Commodity Services Transformation (LCST) programme. This role is establish and lead a revised PMO with a £8bn programme with the Ministry of Defence.
Join a team committed to a Mission!
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
What You’ll Be Doing :
- Work in test engineer role as part of an Agile sprint team, working with supervision/oversight from lead test engineer.
- Contribute to the completion of test documentation, test evidence and test reports for major events such as Test Readiness Reviews and Test Exit Reviews.
- Perform regression testing, covering full suite of Operational Test Scenarios for builds and/or images to be delivered to customer.
- Develop detailed test plans, test data and define test acceptance criteria.
- Execute Test procedures and collecting evidence from testing for customer review.
- Prepare test report summarizing test results including anomalies, systems errors, and configuration changes.
- Support the software configuration management process and understand software components and their interface requirements.
- Implement Test Driven Development (TDD) practices within the program’s agile framework to ensure the proper degree of engineering rigor is applied to all assigned tasks.
- Interface with software developers, analysts, and other project team members using the Agile Scrum methodology.
- Assist the software development team in the implementation of automated regression testing.
- Be involved in analyses and the investigation of related applications engineering tasks and prepares design specifications, analysis, and recommendations.
- Must be a UK Citizen
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a UK SC Clearance
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technologies, and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 of prior relevant experience
- Collaborator, self-starter, strategic providing input to technical design to meet project objectives
- Ability to work in fast paced environment and deliver results key milestones targets
- Test Driven Development
- Experience with automated unit testing and integration testing
- Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: knowledge of applicable highly complex office procedures and techniques relating to position.
- Excellent English, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be proficient in scripting and process automation
- Certified AWS
- Understanding or experience of software development and integration processes through an agile development lifecycle. Strong analytical skills and experience with development environments, and test execution
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.Pay Range: