Lead Distribution Engineer ( R-00080948 )
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a Lead Distribution Engineer to join our diverse and fast-paced Atlanta GA, Birmingham AL, and Clinton Mississippi organizations. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your professional journey of a flourishing and meaningful career; share your resume with us today!
In this role, the qualified individual will be expected to:
- Perform design engineering
- Lead and develop a team of engineers
- Manage scope, schedule and budget of work assigned
- Must be comfortable in both a field and office setting
- Leading preconstruction meetings with construction crews
- Review of engineering design packages with clients
- Performing functional tasks, planning, and/or customer follow-up
- Performing scope analysis of work assigned and maintaining schedule adherence in support of client priorities.
- Establish and develop client relationships while providing a positive influence in leading a team and collaborating with peers.
- Initiating continuous improvement to work flow processes that drives efficiency and high quality standards in client design deliverables.
What you will bring to the table:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree (Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, or Industrial)
- 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 2 + years: relevant experience either working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company
- Experience with the National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and distribution construction standards
- Experience with work management software and job estimating software
- Experience using CAD tools
- Experience with budgeting and scheduling tools (MS Project, Primavera P6)
- PE preferred
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.