Lead Substation Physical Engineer ( R-00082130 )
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a Lead Substation Physical Engineer to join our diverse and fast-paced Power Delivery Solutions organization. As a future leader of our substation physical design group at Leidos, we are committed to fostering a work environment that supports your personal growth by focusing on your career objectives and your personal well-being to achieve a successful work-life balance. You will interact with other electric utility disciplines, playing a valuable part in leading and designing high voltage utility substation projects. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms.
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, and love to collaborate, keep reading!
As a Lead Substation Engineer, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your ability to:
- Act as a key contributor to the development of substation physical design projects
- Lead, mentor and grow a diverse team of engineers, designers, and drafters
- Take complete ownership of each project, to include management of financials, resources, and design
- Continually improve and maximize quality
- Effectively and professionally communicate with our clients
- Contribute to the definition of design scope, philosophies, design methodologies
Work location: This position will consider candidates residing anywhere in U.S., especially in Charlotte, NC or Durham, NC. Whether you prefer a standard or a flexible work schedule, or a remote, hybrid, or full-time office location, Leidos can tailor your career to match your lifestyle.
In this role, you can expect to grow by:
- Participating in leadership training
- Career advancement and leadership opportunities
- Attending technical training intended to expand your skills
- Working at company that supports your journey to obtain and maintain your P.E. license
- Receiving exposure to projects ranging from distribution to transmission level voltages
What you will bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or other related)
- Five plus years of direct experience in substation physical design
- Capability to interpret electrical drawings such as one-line and three-line drawings, plan views, and elevations.
- Ability to lead substation design projects by aligning engineering execution with program management
It would be nice if you had:
- Registered Professional Engineer (P.E) license
- Master’s degree in related field
- Knowledge in WinIGS, CDEGS or other related software
- Experience leading a project team
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career; share your resume with us today!
WHAT WE DO
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms. To explore and learn more, click here!
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
We take care of our employees. Leidos seeks the best and the brightest, and in return, we invest in you, with an eye on your future, through career advancement, growth opportunities and continuous improvement via mentoring, formal and informal project management training and assistance with obtaining pertinent certifications. We challenge you to help solve some of the world’s toughest problems, and reward you with a welcoming culture that recognizes the importance of a strong work/life balance, as well as competitive compensation and benefits. We believe that diversity and inclusion make us all better and offer the chance to have fun and make a difference.
PowerDeliveryPay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.