Electrical Engineer ( R-00082936-OTHLOC-PL-2D0475 )
DescriptionJob Description:The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a dynamic Electrical Engineer to join the National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) team.
This is potentially a remote role, based in the eastern part of the US, with up to 25% travel.
In this Electrical Engineer role you will support the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) Eastern Service Area (ESA) FAA Terminal Engineering Center in Jamaica, NY in designing, cost estimating, scheduling, engineering, coordination, contracting, installation oversite, inspection, and acceptance of electrical systems/services as part of the Eastern Service Area (ESA) implementation of a wide variety of NAS Terminal programs and projects, which include of the electrical generator replacement, uninterruptable power supply (UPS), and critical power distribution systems (CPDS). The projects will range over the geographic scope of the ESA and ensure accuracy of design, products, and timeliness of project completion.
The Power Electrical Engineer candidate will provide support for the Facility Security Management Program (FSMP), the Program Implementation Manager, EOSH/Facility Security (AJV-E31) and the ESA Point of Contact (POC) for the Headquarters FSRM Program Office (AJW-241) in compliance with FAA Order 1600.69C. The Contractor must support the standards and procedures for facility security management, control and safeguarding of personnel and facilities, and provide point of contact support for the Eastern Service Area (ESA) Facility Security Management Program (FSMP).
Electrical Engineer Primary Responsibilities:
- Plan and design electrical systems for a variety of FAA buildings and structures.
- Perform on-site surveys to develop “to-scale” designs and detailed reports,
- Generate sketches showing relation of proposed installation in existing or new facilities with exact specifications and dimensions.
- Test and analyze power systems and participate in construction inspections and final inspections
- Confer with engineering staff and other personnel to identify and resolve problems with the design or implementation.
- Coordinate design components with a multi-disciplinary team and generate drawings, wiring diagrams, and wiring schematics as required for site-specific modifications and new construction.
- Prepare Autocad construction drawings and prepare site-specific specifications and contract documents and independent cost estimates.
- Perform project management related tasks and communication (including safety plans, sequence of work, cutover plans).
- Generate and coordinate the Integrated Risk Management Checklists (IRMC), communication plans, project risk register, to meet Operational Risk Management (ORM) requirements.
- Coordinate and complete Work Permits required for potential impact to lead and asbestos that may be encountered during construction.
- Participate in meetings inclusive of the pre-construction meeting and on-site construction meetings with stakeholders to coordinate electrical systems with other ongoing construction and projects.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate construction project activities to meet milestones and deadlines; working directly with stakeholders and contractors.
- Manage and participate in on-site cutovers, testing and restoration of facilities.
- Prepare, maintain, and provide periodic updates of project to team, management, and stakeholders.
- Manage multiple projects towards successful on-time completion.
- Review contractor design and construction submittals.
- Perform internal design reviews of FAA designed power projects.
- Track and reconcile and coordinate closure of JAI project exceptions.
- Review project deliverables and provide verbal and written communication to the findings.
- Provide and coordinate timely response for electrical RFIs (Requests for Information) and project related submittals.
- Monitor progress of projects and stakeholder needs and generate products and deliverables.
Electrical Engineer Basic Qualifications:
- Must have an Electrical Engineering or Power related degree from an ABET accredited College/University
- Must be a Registered Professional Engineer in good standings in the United States
- At least 8 years of experience designing electrical distribution for commercial, industrial and/or government facilities, including standby engine generator and un-interruptible power systems (UPS)
- Must have experience with power system analysis software such as EDSA Power Analytics and SKM Systems Analysis Power Tools.
- Must be able to conduct and interpret power studies.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Engineering Scheduling tools and applications, and be able to use the Internet as a gathering and communicating tool.
- Proficiency with AUTOCAD / MICROSTATION.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form.
- Ability to accomplish clear and concise general and technical writing and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stake holders, peers and management levels.
- Ability to maintain an electronic project folder (as required) related to site preparation and equipment installation problems.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and recommendations regarding the closure of construction related punch-list items.
- Ability to conduct efficient, organized data gathering, and data analysis.
- Ability to develop project plans, establish project schedules, project estimates.
- Ability to provide organized documentation.
- Ability to work independently in a large Engineering Organization
- Basic knowledge of multiple disciplines regarding their general requirements for typical standard types of projects.
- Ability to discuss project related items with stakeholders, contractors and code related Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.