Civil Engineer - Traveling ( R-00083563 )
The National Airspace Systems Integration Support NISC program at Leidos is seeking a Construction Project Engineer with Civil Engineering field experience to provide expertise for the installation of various power systems at Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) facilities.
The ideal candidate will support the daily operations of the FAA Central Service Area (CSA) Infrastructure Engineering Group. This position is based in Fort Worth, TX and is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the NISC mission.
Duties include the following:
- Provide construction inspection support to the Infrastructure Construction Installation Center in the oversight of the construction installation of construction into the NAS.
- Document the project in the weekly construction report every 7 days.
- Review and understand project documents.
- Serve as technical resource on all project during and after construction.
- Report all changes in scope to designated FAA Contracting Officer.
- Participate in Joint Acceptance Inspections (JAI) and Contractor Acceptance Inspections (CAI).
- Identify problems in the field, research issues/problems, and provide solutions.
- Provide safety oversight in the implementation of projects.
- Bachelors’ Degree Civil Engineering or a related discipline 2 to 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience overseeing projects such as shelters, roofing, towers, earthwork, roads and trenching.
- Knowledge and experience working with; National Electrical Code (NEC), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards, general building construction techniques, codes and standards, Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT), fire detection, security and site work.
- Construction Project Manager/Superintendent/Resident Engineer experience.
- Knowledge of OSHA and general construction and electrical safety standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time with the possibility of occasional night-shift/weekend work required.
- Prior FAA experience desired.
- Knowledge of FAA Corporate Work Plan (CWP).
- Knowledge/Experience of NAS facilities.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.