Automations Engineer - Mesa AZ (106412481)
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
New and increased automaton technology engineering skills are needed for design operation improvements and equipment service to increase capacity and reduce operating costs. We rely heavily on our vendors to provide solutions/changes. They will be responsible for designing and implementing line changes to improve efficiency, accuracy, reduce operating expenses and increase capacity. Work with automation teams to implement processes to improve maintenance and overall uptime of equipment. Engineers will be critical to support future pharmacy designs to meet anticipated growth. New Engineers will be responsible for working on process improvement of the fulfillment center including warehouse operations to improve efficiency and accuracy.
*** Relocation Assistance Available ***
- Work with vendor and internal engineers to focus to maximize system overall equipment effectiveness measure (OEE)
- Manage budget, schedule, and scope of design, cost justification of refurbishment/expansion projects ranging from 50k - 2 million dollars
- Design and implement automation systems in operational environments
- Debug PLCs, networking, power systems, I/O devices, etc. and develop and improve SCADA/DCS programs
- Data analytic skills to troubleshoot and improve performance and reliability of equipment and entire system
- Installation and startup of new or changes to equipment or processes and coordinates major maintenance and repair of automation equipment
- Evaluates new developments in repackaging field for possible applications to current processes
- Be the technical expert in resolving technical issues around automation equipment
- Other duties may be assigned based on business needs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred Engineering or Computer Sciences, Automation, Electrical, Mechanical) with 5+ years of experience in an industrial application/ environment OR Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences with 3 + years of experience in an industrial application/ environment
- Travel up to 50% of time for this role
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Sciences, Automation, Electrical, Mechanical, or related field
- Experience with automation equipment (conveyors, motors, PLCs, IO devices, pneumatic components, motion control, Robotics programing, Vision systems)
- Strength in problem solving technology in a highly automated environment
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.