Principal Engineer ( 595953-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Verizon BlueJeans is seeking to fill a Principal Enginner,primarily specializing in high performance compute. The candidate will join a small, agile group of computer vision engineers and provide expertise related to writing kernels using OpenCL, Metal and CUDA.
- Working with the team to perform system integration tasks.
- Providing detailed documentation of the work performed and the related system architecture.
- Performing the necessary benchmarking to validate the work.
- Contributingto the implementation of various computer vision related tasks as needed.
Where you'll be working…
This is a work-from-home role performed almost exclusively from your home office with occasional in-person meetings and training.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A Master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience in developing applications in the high performance compute space.
- Experience with GPU architectures for mobile and server platforms.
- Knowledge in the following frameworks: OpenCL/Metal and Cuda.
- Experience in developing applications using C++ and OOAD.
- Knowledge of STL libraries and multithreaded programming.
- Experience with OpenCV.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the compensation range for this position is between $114,000 and $211,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.