Test Engineer ( R-00084159 )
The National Solutions Group at Leidos has an opening for a Test Engineering to focus on the overall reliability of a complex software within a fast-growing user base. Your responsibilities will testing software programs to monitor, detect and fix problems before users even know there is an issue. You will use these skills to improve software overall reliability.
As a Test Engineer, you will:
- Utilize software from an end-user perspective.
- Write and perform manual regression testing procedures.
- Write and run automated front-end regression tests.
- Provide troubleshooting support for customers experiencing issues.
- Document test performance, bugs, and design inefficiencies in the software.
- Work closely with developers in creating realistic testing scenarios.
- Candidate must have a TS/SCI clearance and have or be willing to obtain a current Polygraph
- Requires a BS and 2+ years of prior relevant experience or a Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Team player – support, back-up and collaborate with other testers, developers, and associated operations integration team.
- Strong communicator – clear, concise, collaborative, well-spoken/written, capable of remaining calm while discussing difficult issues with customers and employees.
- Organized and capable of documenting existing test capabilities, test performance, and test needs.
- Self-motivated to explore new and better ways of improving our test performance and coverage.
- Skilled and disciplined to work with a distributed team
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines is essential
- Passion for new technologies, software, and processes
- SIGINT Analysis experience
- Experience with test engineering in government contracting.
- Experience with test automation frameworks.
- Experience with Cypress.io automated test software.
- Write and run automated back-end tests.
- Comfortable in Linux and Windows.
- Experience with command/line scripting, such as Bash.
Any experience in these areas is a plus: