Sr Engineer - Radio Frequency ( 600286-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Our RF Engineering team keeps Verizon ahead of the competition. As part of that team, you’ll be working to expand our 5G footprints (C-Band, UWB, Nationwide, etc.) and redesign our mature 4G network to minimize capacity constraints and improve SINR and other key performance indicators. You’ll interface with other departments in the network team to ensure performance fixes and initiatives are in place. You’ll play a key role in ensuring our customers continue to enjoy the top-notch data throughput speeds and call performance that we’re known for.
- 4G capacity planning and solution development to meet forecasted demand.
- 5G C-Band, UWB and Nationwide coverage expansion and performance improvement.
- Search area issuance, candidate assessment, and approvals within assigned area of responsibility.
- Redesign of mature network areas to maximize performance and minimize capacity constraints.
- Perform Macro/Micro Cell Design including antenna selection and site placement.
- Partner with System Performance to improve network performance for existing and emerging technologies.
- Prepare timely FCC and E911 submissions.
- Perform radio engineering evaluation for system planning and site acquisition.
- Use RF propagation and planning tools.
- Plan frequency assignments and identify technical parameters for network growth.
- Plan near term integration of new technologies for first applications in the network.
- Contribute to the development of long term build plans.
- Utilize knowledge of LTE, 1x/EvDO, CDMA and microwave to complete network designs.
Where you will be working:
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in RF Design and Optimization.
- Knowledge of RF theory and practice as well as 5G and 4G LTE/VoLTE Technologies.
- Experience in Design & Optimization of LTE/VoLTE networks.
- A valid driver's license.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Five or more years of relevant work experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry.
- Expert knowledge of propagation modeling software such as Atoll, Planet EV.
- Knowledge of LTE network KPIs and key parameters.
- Experience with Model Tuning.
- Experience in office computer applications: Various RF tools such as MapInfo or QGIS, post processing software etc., MS office, SQL scripting, VB Scripting, other professional software.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel including VB macro creation and worksheet manipulation. Presentation skills and PowerPoint.
- Analytic, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic work environment and resolve issues.
- Organizational time management, prioritization and project planning skills.
- Leadership skills with the demonstrated ability to build trust and engagement, and act as a influencer at all levels within the group and being recognized as a leader within and outside of work group.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).